Construction sites can be a dangerous place to be if you lack information. To ensure the safety of individuals, construction site signs are vital. There are different construction site signs, such as safety signs and promotional signs.
Promotional and Marketing Signs
These are signs that are used to promote the project to potential buyers. There are several examples of promotional signs, and here are some of them:
- Hoarding Panels
- Promotional Banners
- Wayfinding signs
- Temporary signs
Internal Safety and Warning Signs
Internal safety and warning signs are crucial on a construction site. These construction site signs pass a message to individuals on the site to protect them from harm. Failure to comply with the directive on these signs can lead to severe injury or death.
Safety and Warning Signs to Keep Your Crew Safe
There are different construction site signs that you can install to keep your crew safe on the site and protect members of the public. Here are the various categories of these construction site signs:
- Mandatory Signs: These signs state an action that individuals must perform on the construction site. The “High Visibility Clothing or Vest Must Be Worn in This Area” sign is an example.
- Prohibition Signs: These are construction site signs that specify an action that individuals mustn’t perform on the site. An example is the “No Smoking Sign”, “No Mobile Devices Sign”, “No Entry Sign”, etc.
- Fire Safety Signs: These signs are like wayfinding signs, but they direct individuals to the location of safety equipment and fire extinguishers. The red background of these construction site signs makes them easy to find.
- Warning Signs: The warning signs inform individuals of a hazard in the area. These signs often have lettering inside a solid yellow triangle. An example is a “Caution Wet Floor” sign.
- Emergency Information Signs: The emergency information signs direct individuals to these emergency facilities. A popular example is the emergency exit sign.