One of the most important aspects of branding is to choose a signature font for your business. This font shows up on your storefront or office building, on all your promotional and advertising material, as well as on stationery, packaging, and more. This aspect makes it important that you contact a reliable custom sign manufacturing company for your signature font requirements.
Mistakes To Avoid When Creating Signature Font
When creating a font, there are many things to keep in mind, such as relevance, branding, styling, etc. However, there are some mistakes to avoid when creating it as well, such as:
- Not Legible – It’s crucial that the font be stylistic but legible as well. If you select something too stylized, it can compromise readability, and that is something you do not want.
- Too Obscure – Just as you want the font to stand out, you do not want it to be so obscure that it is not understandable at all. This is why you must research a bit, check what fonts look good, are impactful, but understandable as well.
- Too Many Fonts – In the quest for something unique, some business owners end up creating a logo or messaging using multiple fonts, and this can be a big mistake as it will make the message look too crowded and confusing.
- Too Generic – The idea of having a signature font for your business is to make your branding impactful. If you select something too generic that you have seen many other businesses use, it defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.
How To Find Your Signature Font
The best way to find a suitable one is to consider these factors:
- The industry you are in is a crucial aspect to keep in mind. For example, if you are in the finance sector, then you would need something more professional looking. On the other hand, if you sell children’s toys, then you can opt for something more casual and fun.
- Keep your target audience in mind.
- Select complimenting fonts for your business name and tagline.
- Select something that represents your brand voice.
For information and a quote of our custom signage solutions, contact us today. Our sign company has vast experience in custom sign manufacturing. and we are here to help you with all the details you need so you get the best sign fonts for your business.